Neat work Mark, i really need to pull my finger out and get using my airbrush. I didn't realise this was the one with the red plastic wheel wells. I think the rears may have been red too though mate cos the ones I've seen built someone always waits until it done to point that out.
I'll try to make this quick. I am getting really tired. Time for bed.
This is a before shot of the front end. Hit it with the Humbrol Satin to knock down the chrome. Two dabs of Tamiya X26 clear orange to simulate the 1157 NA bulbs.
Here is an after, with the lenses in. I might put a little more Tamiya panel line black in the grille.
Here is a shot of the engine. My second wiring job. Turned out ok. If you look closely at the air cleaner, you will see gray around the edge to simulate the foam, and a mix of green and gray to simulate the top of the foam as seen in all the reference pics I found.
Tried to use gold where appropriate for more authenticity/visual interest. By the way, that is the proper firing order. Why? My brain just works that way.
I did my best with the Molotow pen. That's as good as the decals are going to get. They got down just a bit more with the Micro Sol, after a zillion times with the Mark Fit Strong. Within acceptable tolerances.
Passenger side. Same deal over here.
Front seats with chrome trim. Second time to do seats like this. These turned out better than the GTO. That's progress.
Dash. You can see how much trouble the decals were. They put up a fight. Oh well. I tried to do the chrome accents on the vents etc. It's hard to tell from this angle, but I was able to do the outboard vents ok.
I like the Olds decal in the center of the horn button.
Pedals done with a toothpick. I tried to replicate the circular pad on the brake pedal. I guess you have to use your imagination. I think you know what I was going for. If you're old enough to remember those pedals that is.
Wiper motor and brake booster detail. If you look closely you will see that the master cylinder hold down is silver. Done with a toothpick. I am trying my best for clean detail. It's tough. But I am enjoying it on the whole.
This is an attempt at recreating a reference pic. The drag link etc should be a silver-ish metal color. They ended up looking like grey oxide primer. Oh well. At least there is some contrast.
There was a very slight twist in the body pan. You can see it in the first picture where all the model bits are laid out. You can see the fenderwells are not level. I tried to correct this with hot water, but to no avail.
So here I am having to glue these pieces together to make a solid unit. I am pleased with how the battery turned out. I will clean up the Delco letters a bit, but it is not far off. I made a hash of the washer jug. I painted it red.
I am trying to go over it with white for the top of the jug, then I will do blue for the bottom so simulate the washer fluid. I hope I can get it to within acceptable tolerances. Ugh. That's all for tonight. Thanks for looking.
mustang1989: I've been trying to add photos to my thread and can't access a single one. Just contacted imageshack about the problem. Will see what they say.
Mar 23, 2020 14:56:06 GMT -7
stitchdup: I'm in isolation for 12 weeks due to this nasty virus going around. I took 4 kits with me, paint glue pretty much everything except tools. hopeing to pop in to my flat to collect them later
Mar 26, 2020 7:04:58 GMT -7
Deano: I hope everyone is staying safe from this virus. My model building side says I could do with some time in isolation but my bank account says no I don't! Take care people!!
Mar 27, 2020 11:52:12 GMT -7
stitchdup: You too mate, this is some nasty stuff going about. I'm actually missing work already and sick of being inside
Mar 27, 2020 11:58:19 GMT -7