68 Charger - All Done! Jan 3, 2020 17:56:33 GMT -7
Post by poet on Jan 3, 2020 17:56:33 GMT -7
I just wanted to post a quick update to share the changes to the front and rear fascia. Also I mocked up the engine to see if the blower was at the right height.
Both front and rear bumpers will be body color, so I wanted to mount them on the car prior to paint.
For the front, the roll pan really does roll under the car, and as such it normally goes on after the chassis is installed. Since I didn't want that, I wound up fabricating my own pan using parts from the bin.
I believe the spoiler is the rear spoiler from a 97 Mustang, with the location for what is now the license plate was the high mounted brake light. Methinks anyway.
For the rear, I added what was originally going to be an exhaust port, but now I'm not sure. It might just be decorative. I like it though.
I also added a strip of styrene to close the gap at the bottom of the bumper. You can see where I still need to fill some seams but overall I think it works.
Oh yeah, and I also removed the bumperettes and added that plate holder for giggles.
Here's an overhead shot of the blower. To clear the stock pulleys I fabricated an extension for the blower pulley. It sticks out a bit far but the only option is to fab a serpentine belt setup for the accessories, which would pull the blower pulley in about 2mm, but I'm not sure I can pull that off, but there's also the issue of radiator interference so I may have to.
Btw, that's not the hood I'm using. It had a hole in it so I just cut a slit for the pulley assembly.
Thanks for looking and commenting.